Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Hey everyone!

This week I will be talking about a game series I recently discovered and joined, the Super Smash Bros Series, and the most recent installment, Super Smash Bros Ultimate! I don’t have a whole lot this week to say because I’m a greenie the series, but this game is a lot of fun! SSBU is different from other fighting games I’ve played. For example, more free movement and faster gameplay due to the bigger, more open, maps, and the damage system. The damage system is based off of percentages. Each player starts off at 0%, and everytime you get hit, the percentage increases based off of a different gameplay elements like what type of attack, were you blocking, etc. The higher the percentage, the more distance you are sent flying when you are hit. If you get hit back far enough, you can knocked off the screen and lose a life, or stock. This is definitely an interesting mechanic because it creates such a different gameplay versus more static fighting games like Mortal Kombat. The gameplay is really fun, especially with friends, however there is a bit of a learning curve. The music is amazing, especially in the menu screen! The character roster is the biggest yet so you have a lot of freedom in which character you want to play and the game is very balanced wherein any character has a large chance of beating another character, even if said character was supposedly stronger. Overall, if you want to play something that’ll keep you wanting to continuously play more, get SSBU for the Nintendo Switch!


Comments

  1. This is the biggest crossover in gaming history! I've been playing smash since it first came out on the Nintendo 64 and I still play til this day. I was one of those who waited til it was 7 pm Hawaiian time to play. I stayed until 5 am to unlock all the characters and it was pretty much the only reason why I bought the switch because I knew Nintendo wasn't going to sleep on this system without releasing super smash. I can't wait for Joker!! You should do a review on the Persona series, I would love to see your input.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final blog post for this semester!

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Remake)